Saturday, July 25, 2009

Christmas in July!


Today I had the urge to start my Christmas cards as it seems every year I get so busy that I barely get them done in time! I have to admit it is hard to create Christmas Cards in 110 degree heat but at the same time it got me a bit excited for the Fall season to arrive so I can start decorating for my favorite time of year! This card was created for three challenges. First is the In The Cottage Studio Christmas in July challenge. I decided to use the "Magical Season" stamp set by Close To My Heart! It is a great set with all of the seasonal favorites including Santa and his Sleigh, Swirly Christmas Trees, and of course Frosty the Snowman! I used Outdoor Denim card stock and "Snow Storm" paper by Around the Block! The second challenge is for Timeless Tuesdays and they are having us use Shimmerz! I have not yet tried this product but I added a bit of sparkle to my project with black and clear Stickles! Last but not least I found my design for this card from the Our Creative Corner sketch challenge. I hope you enjoyed reading about my newest card. Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful christmas card!! You get the feeling that the snowman is lifted up by the snowflakes ;) very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty winter card. I like your use of darker colors with the Stickles. Thanks for playing in the Rumble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card! I love how you flipped the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out really cute... love the little bit of sparkle!

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen any "flipped" sketches yet! I love how you did this! Wonderful Wintery card! Thanks for playing along in the OCC's Sketch Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful! Love the way you used the OCC sketch.

    Greetings Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Beck! OK I guess you're just a little bit better than me... Sooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! The deep blue is gorgeous. Thanks for playing the cottage rumble.

    ReplyDelete