Saturday, August 8, 2009

Go Fish!


Hello All! Today I am posting the card that I created for my dad's 60th Birthday! He is quite the fisherman so I used the "Campin Fever" stamp set by Close To My Heart and the "Back Country" paper packet and stickease also by CTMH! The sketch was provided by Mojo Monday's challenge. For my circles I used the Coluzzle cutting system and distressed my edges thereafter! For the Cottage Rumble they challenged us use torn paper or fabric so I tore the edges of my Barn Red cardstock for matting. To embellsih the card I simply tied some navy embroidery floss to the card and popped up some smaller circles that I stamped with fly lures and distressed slightly. This was a very simple card to put together. Thank you for taking a gander at my creation!

2 comments:

  1. that is so cool! love the addition of the floss and what wonderful torn edges!! You got them just right! Happy Birthday to your dad :) and thanks for playing the Rumble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card for a fisherman! The torn edges and distressing give it just the right look. Thanks for playing at the cottage rumble.

    ReplyDelete