Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Paris Inspiration


Hello all,

Today I am posting for a couple more challenges! The first challenge is for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Their challenge was to check out some impressive posters created by: Kim Poloson and pick one to use as inspiration. I have chosen the following poster called "Hat Boxes"

Kim Poloson's posters have French themes throughout. I chose to make an 8X3.5 inch card using the "Silhouette" paper packet by Close To My Heart. These are awesome black, white and bamboo cardstocks and designer papers that worked out perfectly to recreate the theme of the poster. The card layout was taken from the "Originals" card confidence program offered by CTMH which offers gorgeous layouts for keeping card making simple. The stamp set used for this card was Carte Postale by Stampin' up. I love this set containing french inspired images. As part of another challenge from Cute Card Thursday to use tags in the card. I decided to use a very small chipboard tag to stamp the word Merci "meaning Thank You" in french. The last challenge that I entered this card in was the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. This challenge was to create a card for their blogs upcoming birthday. Though this card is not a birthday theme, I decided that a Thank You card is fitting for this challenge as a thank you to Simon Says for offering great challenges and inspiration for the past year! Make sure to stop by the challenges as check them out. They are all offering some amazing inspirational art and of course awesome blog candy:)

I hope you enjoyed reading about this creation. Thanks for stopping by.


Keep Crafting,

Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Beck, I really like the diaganol design on this and the french flavor and dp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Rebecca !! I love the papers and the layout of this, fab colour scheme too,,, gorgeous !


    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, love the colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete